Which Sandals Resort in St Lucia should you choose?
There are 3 Sandals resorts in St Lucia (in no particular order).
All 3 of these resorts offer the “Stay at 1, Play at 3”. This means that you can stay at whichever resort you choose and enjoy all the amenities of the other 2 resort properties nearby.
These resorts all differ from each other – I highly recommend all of them, but I will point out major differences between each to help you decide the perfect resort for your needs.
Sandals Grande St Lucian is a beautiful, expansive beachfront resort and is definitely the most lively offering the most dining and activities of all 3 resort options. The Sandals Grande St Lucian offers nice room options, but this resort option is in the highest price range of all 3 Sandals resort options.
My top 3 favorite room categories:
- GL – Caribbean Honeymoon Beachview Grande Luxe
- 1B – Caribbean Beachfront One Bedroom Butler Suite w/ Tranquility Soaking Tub
- BP – Beachfront Grande Rondoval Butler Suite with Private Pool Sanctuary
And if you are really looking to celebrate – check out these beautiful luxury Over-the-Water Honeymoon Butler Bungalows for the ultimate vacation.
(Over-the-Water Bungalows can price high for a typical stay of 4-7 nights. Perhaps you may like a split stay of 3 nights in a lower room category and 3 nights in the Over-the-Water Bungalow for the perfect combination!)
Sandals Regency La Toc is not as GRAND as the Sandals Grande St Lucian, but still offers lots of dining and entertainment options for you to enjoy. Sandals Regency La Toc offers more affordable, luxury accommodations than the Sandals Grande St Lucian.
Overall, Sandals Regency La Toc has the best room categories for the best pricing / value. Keep in mind this resort is larger and has about 331 rooms total with the smallest beach of all 3 resort options.
My top 3 favorite room categories:
OJS – Oceanview Club Level Terrace Junior Suite with Outdoor Tranquility Soaking Tub
BH – Honeymoon Hideaway One Bedroom Butler Suite with Private Pool
BP – Sunset Bluff Oceanfront Two Story One Bedroom Butler Villa Suite with Private Pool
If you are looking for a smaller, more secluded resort of only about 161 rooms providing more personal service and experience, Sandals Halcyon is a great choice. This resort has been recently renovated and offers some beautiful swim-up suites at a great price. This is a wonderful option for those looking to relax and unwind. Sandals Halcyon is a peaceful oasis, and if you are looking for some lively entertainment, head over to Sandals Grande St Lucian for the day on the free shuttle in between resorts.- only about 20 minutes each way.
Top 3 Favorite Room Categories:
- OVT – Oceanview Club Level Room with Balcony Tranquility Soaking Tub
- WPL – Crystal Lagoon Walkout Swim-up Club Level
- 1BP – Beachfront Honeymoon Butler Room with Private Pool Sanctuary
Included Activities at Sandals:
Green fees are included, but there will be additional costs for caddies, clubs, and cart rentals.
Here is the website for all pricing for these rentals:
Saint Lucia Golf Resorts & Vacations
SANDALS AWARD WINNING all-inclusive golf resorts in St. Lucia: 18-hole championship course and a 9-hole resort course
All gear for Scuba Diving at Sandals is included, but if you choose to get PADI certified on Sandals properties, it will be $120 per person*
*Pricing is subject to change. Please verify with Sandals directly prior to arrival.
Difference in room categories: (3 types):
- Entry Level/Luxury Rooms – Entry level rooms include all amenities of the resort property, but keep in mind these rooms do NOT include room service.
- Club Level – Club Level rooms include room service and concierge service. These rooms usually have great locations on the resort property.
- Butler Elite – The butler gives you that special, worry-free vacation you’ve been waiting for. Upon arrival, you will receive a personal cell phone to contact your butler when needed. Your butler will arrange shore excursions, dining reservations, activities, breakfast in bed, reserve beach chairs, and schedule a transfer over to one of the other resorts if you’d like. He can do as much, or as little as you’d like.
So which one is the best? All 3 of these Sandals resorts receive great reviews, so it is a very tough decision, but I think the Sandals Grande St Lucian is currently the best of all 3 options. Ultimately, Sandals Grande St Lucian has the best resort overall, and Sandals Regency La Toc has the best room categories for the best price. This is my personal opinion and also taking into account my clients feedback.
|SANDALS GRANDE ST LUCIAN||SANDALS REGENCY LA TOC||SANDALS HALCYON|
|Location||Gros-Islet, St. Lucia||Castries, St. Lucia||Castries, St. Lucia|
|Distance from Airport||90 Minutes||120 Minutes||75 Minutes|
|# of Rooms||311 Rooms & Suites||331 Rooms & Suites||169 Rooms & Suites|
|# of Restaurants||12 Restaurants||9 Restaurants||6 Restaurants|
|Type of Beach||Long||Private Cove||Long|
|# of Pools||5 Pools||3 Pools||3 Pools|
|# of Whirlpools||4 Whirlpools||4 Whirlpools||3 Whirlpools|
|Butler Service Rooms||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Scuba Diving (certification is $)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Golf||Yes, transfers included.||Yes, on property.||Yes, transfers included.|
|Red Lane Spa||Yes||Yes||Yes|
There are a few more water activities included at the Sandals Grande St Lucian & Sandals Halcyon.
Currently Aqua trikes, Banana boats, Glass bottom boat rides, Tubing, or Snuba is NOT included at the Sandals properties in St Lucia.
Tips before arriving:
- Read over the ‘Know Before You Go‘ with Sandals
- Check the St Lucia tourism board to make sure you adhere to the entry requirements and protocols
- Schedule or get and idea of Island activities & and Spa services.
- Make reservations for activities and dining on the first day you arrive on property for the best availability (Your butler will gladly help with this if you get one
Until next time!