Let’s talk about JAMAICA!
I’m so excited to share some knowledge and tips that will help you when planning your next Jamaican getaway.
So lets dig in –
When it comes to hosting visitors, Jamaica knows how to do it all right! They have been giving tourist warm welcomes for many decades. Jamaica offers a classic Caribbean experience with a wide variety of resort options. There will be no problem getting there with multiple flight options each day, to and from the island.
Jamaica is perfect for families, couples, & honeymooners. It is especially great for adventure seekers who love excursions and sightseeing. Jamaica has much to offer compared to many other Caribbean islands.
Reasons to choose Jamaica for your destination:
- Endless number of tours & excursions
- Various all-inclusive resort options
- Delicious Food – home of the JERK chicken!
- Beautiful blue water
- White sand beaches
- Worry free island
- Great value and pricing
- English speaking country for easy communication
Which airport to fly into:
Primarily, the best airport to fly into is the Montego Bay Sangster Int’l Airport (MBJ). Kingston is also an option, but it is not the best option because of resort distance & pricing.
Where to stay:
There are 4 main areas to stay on the island. Jamaica is one of the bigger islands in the western Caribbean, so it is important to choose the best location and resort for your wants and needs. I have listed each area below along with the best resorts in each location.
- Montego Bay – If your vacation getaway is only for 3 or 4 nights, Montego Bay is great! Your resort will be less than 15 minutes from the airport. Montego Bay is centrally located between Negril & Ocho Rios. This area offers day tours & attractions. Sandals Montego Bay & Sandals Royal Caribbean are great resort options.
- Ocho Rios – About 1.5 – 2 hours from the airport, Ocho Rios is a great location for endless fun & activities. They have the Dunn’s River Falls, bobsledding, shopping, dolphin cove, mystic mountain, Bob Marley Bus Tour and SO much more to do right outside the resort. Sandals Ochi, Sandals Plantation, & Beaches Ocho Rios are 3 great resort options.
- Negril – About 1.5 hours from the airport, Negril offers the most beautiful sunsets and beaches on the whole island. Although it does not offer as many activities as Ocho Rios, there is still lots of excursions like YS Falls, Bamboo rafting, Black River Tour, Appleton Rum Tour, Rick’s Café, & more. Sandals Negril & Beaches Negril are great resort options.
- South Coast – About 1.5 hours from the airport, South Coast is perfect for those wanting to relax & unwind. Sandals South Coast is an AMAZING beachfront resort in this area.
Which resort to choose?
Check out all Sandals Resorts here.
Check out all Beaches Resorts here.